Bilyana Di Costanza's Recipe
Spinach and Ricotta Balls in Tomato Sauce
“I find it hard to go past the delicious, tried and tested flavours of spinach and ricotta. Such a perfect combination every time.” - Karen Martini
Prep time – 20 mins
Cook time – 50 mins
Ingredients (Serves – 4)
- 2 250g boxes finely chopped frozen spinach or 500g fresh cooked spinach.
- 400g full cream ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs of Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup of full cream
- Bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 400g can Ardmona® Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 250g grated Mozerella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Squeeze liquid from spinach. Mix spinach, eggs ricotta, parmesan, and cream to thick consistency. Add salt to taste.
- Mould mixture into egg shaped balls. Roll in bread crumbs. Place in dish side by side.
- Mix can of Ardmona® Chopped Tomatoes with crushed garlic, oregano, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over ricotta balls.. Cook for 30mins.
- Then sprinkle eggs cheese. Cook for further 15mins until cheese is melted and slightly browned.